I saw an article a while back that I thought was an amazingly scary and wonderfully inspiring way to celebrate a birthday. On her 38th birthday she decided to do 38 random acts of kindness.
Sounds easy right? It’s easy to be nice. What’s so scary about that?
Well think about it. It means doing stuff you don’t normally do. It means stepping outside of your comfort zone. That’s scary. For example one of the things she did was to buy a gift card to a restaurant and then walk up to a table and give it to the people sitting there. That sounds easy, but I know I would be totally nervous!
So I have something scary to announce. It’s my birthday!! I’m 35 today. Why is that scary? Because I want to commit to doing 35 random acts of kindness. If you head over to the article her 38 items were all done in one day. I’m not going to accomplish that because my birthday starts in 4 hours and I don’t have ideas as to what I want to do. BUT I will keep track of them and follow up with what my random acts were.
Also, part of her article she also requested for her readers to do one random act of kindness in her honor on her birthday. So I want to ask for the same thing! If you could please do one act of kindness in celebration of my birthday I would be most grateful. It doesn’t have to be anything big. If you could also leave a comment here as to what your act was I would love it!
Here are some of the things others did:
- Pay the toll for the car behind
- Pay the order for the car behind in the drive through
- Drop off coloring books and toys in Labor and Delivery at the hospital for the older siblings
- Hand out balloons to kids shopping with their moms
- Buy a gift card to the grocery store and hand it to the person behind them
- Hand out quarters at the laundry mat
- Leave nice notes under windshield wipers
Let do some good people!!